Friday, October 17, 2008

2 Years in the Making.....

It's almost here. My long awaited website and blog are finally peeking their eyes around the corner...waiting for me to show them to the world.......

Two years ago this month, I ventured out on a dream that I had hoped would lead me here but never dreamed it would have been this much fun.

I've always yearned to "take pictures", but being a photographer never seemed to be what I was destined for. My parents never pushed for me to be a photographer. They pushed for a teacher. I mean, who could blame them. They work Monday-Friday, most holidays off, SUMMERS off, leaving school around 3:30......and they had time for my twin sister and me. That was the most important. They've always pushed for me to be a teacher, and I truly thank them for that. I think I would be great at it, and I may do that someday. For now, I'm loving this!!!!!!

I've never been the type of individual who could really focus on one thing for too long. I would get bored at my jobs. I would get bored with my clothes. I just got bored. I never really understood why that was, and to tell you the truth, I didn't think about it too much. I just took that for it was who I was, and I accepted it. Nothing wrong with that, right?

My husband, who I'm sure you will hear many mentions of during this blog, knew I had a passion for photography, and he bought me my first DSLR camera. My first reaction was we didn't need to be spending that kind of money right now, but the camera had hypnotized me. I soon forgot we were now more poor than before.

From day one, I started taking pictures of EVERYTHING! You name it, I took a picture of it. To make this novel of a story short, it evolved into Lanae Photography. It evolved into this business, which my husband refers to as a jobby (job/hobby) that I am never dreading doing everyday. I can't wait to get home to continue what project I had taken on the day before.

So.....hopefully within the next few weeks, http://www.lanaephotography.com/ will have it's re-birth. It will evolve into the future of Lanae Photography, and I truly hope that you are involved in it one way or another.

See you soon!

Tina Lanae
Lanae Photography
Dream it! Live it! Capture it!

1 comment:

Felicia said...

so....I freakin' love your blog! Not to mention how excited I am to have a fellow blogger!